Friday, April 5, 2013

Owner sez: about owner's favorites

VG Creepypasta's my thing, as outrageously stupid as this genre is. I also love LSD Dream Emulator, a horrendously shitty game that was very clearly made under 6 months (that sounds very generous). Whenever I tell you about what I like, take it with a truckload of salt.

But I can be objective, although there are people whose opinions are infinitely more valuable than mine because they've consumed more media, know how it works and blah blah etc. None of that matters because this is my repository and I'll label things as I want.

So anyway, I'll grade things on a 1-5 scale, giving points for effort or little tiny things that I like (tiny gems in a pile of dirt). A high grade doesn't necessarily mean I like it, just means I can objectively say it's good. I'll label a piece of crap with my favorites tag if it has something that really sticks with me.

Sometimes little things really affect me, and I don't know why. I can't explain some things. There's a haunted doll story that has every cliche in the book, and it wasn't even among the first of the haunted doll stories (far from it) and I can't explain why this thing, with really badly photoshopped images to go with, affect me so much. I'd give it a 3/5. As bad as one of the pictures was (very low quality photoshop), it still creeps me out so much I don't even want to look at it. I don't know what sets this one out from the crowd.

Something I won't factor into a grade is cliche/tropes. Cliches are common. Tropes are common. To the point where they don't matter anymore. Besides, if I docked points for cliche, every single thing here would get a 2 at most. This is a Video Game Creepypasta repository, after all.

Maybe I'll make a repository for non-VG stories for the sole purpose of using tags from TVTropes titles and grading things 1-5.

- Owner

No comments:

Post a Comment